- Only sedan certified for distribution in all 50 states meeting the U.S. EPA’s most stringent emissions standard for internal combustion engines (Tier 2 Bin 2 + ILEV-Inherently Low Emission Vehicle)
- Named “America’s Greenest Vehicle” in 2011 for the 8th time by the American Council for an Energy-Efficient Economy
- Reduces tank-to-wheel CO2 emissions by 25 percent (versus a comparable gasoline-powered compact car) and is certified as an Inherently Low Emissions Vehicle (ILEV) by the U.S. EPA
Honda is working to help reduce
CO2 emissions and society’s reliance
on petroleum-based fuels.
- Honda has set a target to reduce CO2 emissions from its global products by 30 percent by the end of 2020 compared to year 2000 levels.
- The U.S. EPA ranked American Honda as the industry leader in fuel economy for 21 of the last 35 years.
- Since 2000, Honda has been named America's “Greenest Automaker” by the Union of Concerned Scientists, awarded biennially.
- Honda maintains a minimum of 90 percent level of design recyclability for all automobiles and a minimum 95 percent level of design recyclability for all powersports and power equipment products.
- Honda is the only automaker mass producing a natural gas alternative to gasoline with the Civic Natural Gas (formerly Civic GX). Retail and fleet sales of the Civic Natural Gas occur in 36 states.
- Honda has long led the way in meeting stricter emissions standards with the first gasoline LEV, ULEV, and SULEV vehicles and the first Advanced Technology Partial-Zero Emissions Vehicle (AT-PZEV) sold to consumers.
- Honda Manufacturing of Indiana, LLC received the 2011 Sen. Lugar “Patriot Award” for outstanding efforts in sustainable and renewable energy.
- Honda leads all automakers with 11 LEED-Certified "Green Buildings" in North America.
Honda is advancing internal combustion
engine technology to increase fuel efficiency
while developing more advanced powertrain
technologies, including hybrid, electric,
natural gas, and hydrogen vehicles.
Honda’s Alternative Fuel Vehicles
Honda’s U.S. LEED-Certified Green Buildings
|TORRANCE, CA||HONDA R&D AMERICAS, INC LOS ANGELES CENTER|
|LONGMONT, CO||AMERICAN HONDA MOTOR CO., INC. DATA CENTER|
|WILMINGTON, DE||AMERICAN HONDA FINANCE CORPORATION REGIONAL OFFICE (MID-ATLANTIC)|
|GRANT VALKARIA, FL||HONDA R&D AMERICAS, INC. MARINE ENGINE RESEARCH FACILITY|
|GREENSBURG, IN||HONDA MANUFACTURING OF INDIANA, LLC WELCOME CENTER|
|GREENSBORO, NC||HONDA AIRCRAFT COMPANY HEADQUARTERS|
|RAYMOND, OH||HONDA R&D AMERICAS, INC. HEADQUARTERS|
|TROY, OH||MIDWEST PARTS CONSOLIDATION CENTER|
|ANNA, OH||HONDA ENGINEERING AMERICAS OFFICE FACILITY EXPANSION|
|PORTLAND, OR||SALES, SERVICE, AND PARTS ZONE OFFICE|
Environmental Leadership Award Program
Honda's Environmental Leadership Award program recognizes Honda and Acura dealers who have voluntarily reduced their energy use by 10 percent or more, developed a water conservation plan, and implemented Honda's recycling program. Our goal is to engage as many dealers as possible in the program to achieve the broadest possible benefit for the environment. For more information, checkout the video, press release, and Views post.
Honda is among the leaders in the deployment
of fuel-cell electric vehicle technology with its
FCX Clarity, which has been in everyday use
with customers in Southern California since
August 2008. Honda is developing technology
to advance the refueling infrastructure; most
recently, opening a next-generation prototype
Solar Hydrogen Station at its R&D center in
Southern California, which also uses
Honda-developed thin-film solar cells.