Parts & Suppliers
SOURCED IN AMERICA
- $23 billion in parts and materials were purchased from 530 U.S. suppliers in 2013.
- More than 13,900 companies supply maintenance, repair, and operational (MRO) services to Honda's U.S. operations.
- American Honda Parts Division delivers parts and materials to Honda and Acura dealers from 12 regional centers throughout the U.S. Check out the U.S. Investment Map for locations by state.
- 95 percent of all waste materials from parts warehouse operations were diverted from landfills in FY2013 through efforts to reduce and reuse materials.
- Honda began reducing CO2 emissions associated with the delivery of service parts when the company became the first automaker to introduce a Class 8 hybrid diesel electric truck into its U.S. parts delivery fleet in 2009.
- 100 percent of American Honda's fleet of parts shipment trucks are U.S. EPA SmartWay Transport certified.
Honda helps its U.S. supplier base increase
quality and productivity, contributing to the
stability of the entire U.S. automotive industry.
Honda purchased $23 billion in
U.S. parts and materials in 2013
Honda’s U.S. supplier base has
more than doubled since 1992
Following years of decline of the U.S.
tooling industry, Honda developed an
original program to help re-establish strong,
financially stable tool-and-die suppliers in
America. By helping these U.S.-based
manufacturers more efficiently design and
produce their products, Honda has been
able to assist its tool-and-die suppliers in
becoming more globally and locally