Honda has been an engine of growth for the U.S. economy for more than 50 years
Following an operational strategy of building products close to its customers, Honda has invested $1.2 billion into its U.S. manufacturing plants over the last two years alone, bringing Honda¹s total U.S. capital investment to more than $14 billion.
Honda: Investing in America >
Honda in America
MANUFACTURED IN AMERICA
- $14 billion capital investment in the U.S.
- 90% of vehicles sold in the U.S. were produced in North America in 2012
- 9 manufacturing facilities in America
- 1.21 million cars and light trucks built in the U.S. in 2012
Honda and Acura products are built using domestic and globally sourced parts
RESEARCHED AND DEVELOPED IN AMERICA
- 14 R&D facilities in America
- First international automaker with the capability to perform "complete product creation" in America
- One-third of MY2012 Honda and Acura models sold in America were researched, designed, and developed in the U.S.
- The new Acura NSX supercar will be developed in the U.S. and manufactured in Ohio
SOLD IN AMERICA
- 147,000 jobs created by American Honda dealerships
- 1,300 Honda and Acura U.S. dealerships sold more than 1.42 million vehicles in 2012
- Honda ranked #1 mass-market brand in 2012 JD Power & Associates Initial Quality StudySM
SOURCED IN AMERICA
- $22 billion in U.S. parts and materials purchases in 2012
- More than 500 U.S. OEM suppliers in 34 states provide parts and materials to Honda production facilities
- 13,500 companies supply maintenance, repair and operational (MRO) services to Honda's U.S. operations